Designed by Robert Streitz, a disciple of the architect Emilio Terry, in 1960 and is a direct replica of a neoclassical XVIIIth century pavilion built for Madame de Pompadour at Fontainebleau. Robert Streitz also designed « La Pausa », Coco Chanel’s property above Roquebrune-Cap-Martin.
It is truly a secluded World unto itself. This outstanding property with gardens known throughout the World is located on the heights of a South-facing slope in Opio (South of France), respectively 5kms. and 11kms. from the bustling and charming villages of Valbonne (Restaurants, Friday market) and Mougins (Restaurants, Art galleries), and respectively 18kms and 35kms from Cannes and the Nice International airport.
The property commands glorious, open, totally unspoiled and far reaching views overlooking the Tuscany-like countryside (protected parkland) and with distant views to the sea.
Sheer beauty !!
The surroundings and approaches are truly beautiful. The property is located in a totally peaceful and discreet area. Indeed, time has stood still in this very special area of Opio. The property is totally private and is beautifully maintained throughout. Formerly owned by the late Tom Parr, the famed interior designer and Chairman of Colefax and Fowler (London). The Family have sadly decided to part with this treasure. There is so much authentic charm, the property is richly evocative of it’s rich History and happy Present.
There are four charming buildings on the property. All are south-facing with commanding views, and are completely private:
- The classical and stately main house, offering approximately 300sqm., comprising an entrance lobby, an elegant drawing room with high ceilings overflowing onto a sprawling and so charming main South facing terrace, a second, cosy sitting room, a new, completely refurbished kitchen, an elegant, separate dining room (seating fourteen), two elegant suites, each with an antechamber and a bathroom en-suite, a single bedroom with access to an adjacent shower-room, a guest cloakroom, a huge cellar and storage room below the main ground terrace (formerly the old pool), and a vast roof terrace commanding beautiful open views. Please see attached floor plans.
- « Tom’s Cottage »: is a charming, separate guest house, offering two double bedrooms, each with a bathroom en-suite and a single room sharing a bathroom. A laundry room. The two properties are only a hundred metres apart, but offer a sense of individual space. This cottage is in perfect condition
- A separate 200 year old Provençal stone farm house, offering a charming, snug sitting room, two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a galley kitchen. This house is wholly authentic, in it’s precious original condition. It is perfectly sound throughout, however some might feel it needs some subtle refurbishing.
- An adjoining guest house comprising a charming entrance hall, an elegant drawing room, two charming guest bedrooms, a bathroom ensuite and a galley kitchen. This guest house is in a perfect condition
- The Caretaker’s house. Offers approximately 100 sqm. of living space, comprising a sitting room, kitchen, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a laundry. This house is in very good condition.
World-renowned !! terraced gardens of 12,000 sqm. There are two entrances to the property, one leads directly to the main villa, the second entrance leads to the catetaker’s house. Numerous charming and private terraces, with sprawling awnings. Eleven beautiful antique fountains, shady wisteria-covered arbors, a heated pool with automatic cover and with salt filtration (11 by 4.80 m) in a magical setting with Summer dining area, a two car garage, private parking, separate domestic and agricultural water supplies and holding tank, gas central heating in all villas (gas is on the mains), air-conditioning in all bedrooms, sophisticated security throughout, automatic watering throughout, exterior lighting throughout, a terrain de
« pétanque «, an olive grove (53 ancient olive trees), green house, etc.
Information on the potential risks to which this property is exposed is available on the Géorisques website: www.georisques.gouv.fr.
No information available
Discover other properties